Purpose of the Role
We are currently seeking a skilled and talented Ionic (2/3) developer to join our development team in Dublin to further design, develop and scale our product suite. You will be involved in an ongoing greenfield project to redevelop PSI’s Fusion Application Platform in Angular 2, Node and Ionic. There will also be the opportunity for you to play a role in defining the future product direction of the company at an exciting time of expansion and growth.
●Work with Product Management to devise and define innovative products, applications
● Development of modular, testable and scalable software components within the new
Fusion Application Platform.
● Working as a member of a team or on their own to deliver high quality and maintainable
software solutions, to set deadlines.
● Estimate level of effort, evaluate and research new options of similar technology and
offer suggestions to improve processes.
● Participate in design and development workshops to define new features and products.
● Code optimisation improvements, maintenance and refactoring of existing systems.
● Contribute to team process improvements, industry best practice and principles.
● Minimum 4 years of hybrid mobile app development, design, and/or architecture
experience on Android and/or iOS (for example Apache Cordova, Ionic, Xamarin).
● 2+ years Ionic development experience. We are specifically looking for Ionic 2/3
experience, however we recognise the relative recentness of this technology so will
consider competent Ionic 1 developers who have had some exposure to Ionic 2, and are
strong hybrid mobile app developers in general.
● Familiarity with web frontend techniques (HTML, CSS/SASS).
● Understanding of and experience with SQLite.
● Familiarity with deployment, monitoring and debugging of Ionic 2 applications. Ability to
publish apps to the App Store or Play Store.
● Experience using Git/GitHub and related source control environments in a distributed
● Knowledge of building Map based systems desirable but not required.
● Familiarity working with device and RESTful APIs.
● Experience with Xamarin Android a big bonus.
● Has prior experience working on a greenfields/startup project in the past.
● Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – you should be able to propose several
viable solutions to complex problems and be able to evaluate the best alternative and
estimate the work required.
● You can quickly grasp and learn new technologies and techniques, and can demonstrate
you strive to keep up to date with an ever changing industry.
● You have excellent communication skills showing a capability to make clear and
meaningful contributions to white board design discussions and offer innovative
solutions to complex problems, as well as contribute insights from past experiences.
● You are able to offer concise and regular updates on progress and can highlight issues
that might affect progress in order to allow preventative action to be taken.
● You help shape the process as well as the product; assist in refining our approach to
development by continually reviewing it and offering innovative ideas to improve it.
● Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills.
Education and Qualifications
BS/MS in Computer Science/related technical discipline OR equivalent experience.
Bracken Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate
Please send your CV and cover note to email@example.com